Vacancies of Clerks : A decision was taken in the Cabinet meeting held today to fill all the vacant posts of class 3 clerks in the state through the Maharashtra Public Service Commission. Chief Minister Eknath Shinde presided over the meeting. At present, the process of filling up the vacant posts of Group A and B officers in the state is done through the Commission.
Considering the efficiency of the commission, it was decided that like Mumbai, the vacant posts of clerks across the state should be filled through the commission itself. Many important decisions were sealed in the cabinet meeting held today. The state government has increased the casual leave from 12 to 20 while giving a big relief to the police.
According to the recommendation of the fifth pay commission, the state government had decided to grant 8 leaves in a year instead of 12 to the state government employees. Accordingly, 12 days casual leave was granted to police officers as a special matter. However, due to increasing workload on the police, arrangements for various festivals and celebrations, VIP duties, this casual leave was further extended to 20 days as a special case.
Other important decisions in the Cabinet meeting
- Decision to set up a State Asset Reconstruction Company on the lines of the Central Government in the State
- Decision to appoint a Cabinet Sub-Committee to improve enforcement of inheritance rights of sweepers
- Decision to enter into an agreement for allotment of space on rental basis for girls’ hostel of Government Teachers College, Nashik
- Approval of 1096 crore second revised expenditure and 50% financial participation of the state government for speeding up the new Vadsa Desaiganj-Gadchiroli railway line.
- Decision to include private market committee of Lakshmi Sopan Agriculture Produce Marketing Company in Barshi in onion subsidy scheme
- Approval for creation of post of Civil Judge Senior Level Court at Ausa in Latur District
- Approval for the implementation of the project for redevelopment of Dharavi by inviting fresh tenders and giving additional concessions to the project
- Decision to constitute a Cabinet Sub-Committee to discuss and decide on various matters of disaster relief
- Chief Minister Eknath Shinde said in the state cabinet meeting today that efforts should be made by the public health department to make Maharashtra the first in the country in covid vaccination.
Other important news