Indian Army Disengagement Plan: Indian and Chinese troops have agreed to withdraw from the Gogra-Hotsprings area. Both the armies will completely withdraw from the area by September 12.
Modi and Xi Jinping meeting?
According to sources, the Modi-Putin meeting is almost fixed. If the disengagement process is completed smoothly and successfully, the stage will be set for Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s visit to Samarkand on September 15 and 16 for the Shanghai Cooperation Organization summit, which will be attended by Chinese President Xi Jinping. The meeting between Modi and Xi is yet to be confirmed. Ministry of External Affairs (MEA) spokesperson Arindam Bagchi said in a statement that both China and India have agreed that all temporary structures and other related infrastructure built in the area will be dismantled and the area will be mutually verified.
Special care of everything
It is true that the army has withdrawn from the Gogra-Hot Springs area, but this is being linked to the violent encounter in Galwan. According to media reports, local army commanders and officials have been asked to take special care of everything. Army movements are also being verified.
These instructions were given to the commanders
Instructions have also been given to the commanders that the entire process should be carried out peacefully and tension should not escalate in the area. Keeping in mind the Galwan conflict in June 2020, the intention behind this entire process is to ensure that no untoward incident takes place now. However, sources say that a complete withdrawal of troops is yet to be discussed.
20 Indian soldiers sacrifice for the country
India and China have so far managed to isolate Galwan from the region, where in June 2020 there was a fierce encounter between soldiers from both sides. 20 Indian soldiers sacrificed their lives for the country in this encounter. According to media reports, more than 40 Chinese soldiers were killed or wounded.
Supervised by Ajit Doval along with senior officers of the armed forces
National Security Adviser Ajit Doval is overseeing the process in New Delhi along with senior officers of the armed forces. The decision to withdraw from PP 15 is said to have been taken before Defense Minister Rajnath Singh and External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar left for Tokyo for the India-Japan 2+2 ministerial meeting.